Monday, June 6, 2011

"nothing tastes as good as skinny feels"

The title of todays blog is what got me through today. THANKS BRADI!! I honestly think if I made it through today I will absolutely make it through the next 29!

Ok, to start off with what I ate--

Breakfast- 2 scrambled eggs, attempted black coffee....
Snack- handful of almonds
Lunch- (DISASTER) : The plan was to have turkey wraps, but I ended up just eating my cucumber and tomato salad with some avocado chopped up in it. (Explanation to follow)
Snack- before leaving work & going to the gym, fruit!
Dinner- Steak Dry Rub and Steamed brocolli
"Dessert" - an apple with sun butter (like peanut butter, which I hate, but with sunflower seeds) SO GOOD!

Ok, so today started off bad... Black Coffee... BAD. I tried choking it down and I only made it this far.


So, then I decided to make unsweetened tea... still a bad decision, but better. I needed caffeine desperately. On with my day.. I am sitting at my desk and a guy from upstairs walks downstairs with a large cake. He tells me that he is going to put it in the break room for every one to have... I am thinking "Oh YES, oh wait... I can't eat any cake..." Come to find out it is hands down my all time favorite cake in the entire world, yellow cake with chocolate butter cream icing. AMAZING.. It was sitting in the break room which is less that 15 steps from my desk all day long. I did not touch it. That is amazing to me. Here is a picture of it so you all can see how tempting it was..


After all of this, it is finally time to eat lunch and I am seriously so pumped about my turkey wraps.. I bought this turkey that is Whole 30 approved and I took some with me to lunch today.. I get out a piece of turkey put 2 slices of avocado in it and some cucumber and tomato salad... took a bite. Yuck. I was not a fan of the turkey..I mean they looked great, but they just were not for me unfortunately.. don't they look yummy?!


After work I went to workout and I am so glad I did. I had a great workout! I came home and my mom made steak and steamed broccoli, that steak was so delicious! I could eat it everyday for the rest of this journey but I won't there are too many other fun recipes to try! I finished my day with an apple and Sun Butter, which like I said earlier is Sunflower butter! It is so good and I never thought I would like anything remotely close to Peanut Butter (except Nutella of course) but I love this sunflower butter!

Ok, to sum it all up I learned A LOT today. Not just about how these next 29 days will be, but about myself.

1. I learned that I am going to be tempted everyday to sway from this, but I can say no and I am so proud of myself for saying no to that cake today.
2. The Whole 30 seriously would not work for me if I was not prepared and if I didn't plan. That is so important and I can't stress it enough, luckily I was able to eat my cucumber and tomato salad with an avocado for lunch, but I do wish I had a protein or something with substance to have eaten with it. Tomorrow I will be prepared with something I like!
3. I learned that, The Whole 30, is going to be life changing for me. I can't wait for the rest of this journey!!
4. And lastly, I learned that I would not be able to do this without the support from my family and friends! Yall are all amazing and I am so thankful for my mom for helping me through this!! Love you all!!

xoxo Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment